Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday Challenge: Make Glue Bottle

I saw an article on Pinterest about how if you use glue under glitter nail polish, it will peal off easier than soaking it off.  I wanted to use a nail polish bottle like they use in the article, so I needed to clean out one of my old used nail polishes.

I used the following tutorial on YouTube.  It was VERY easy and took maybe 3 minutes to get the clean bottle and fill it with Elmer's glue.

I put on two layers of glue as a base coat, letting each layer dry completely between coats.

This is what it looked like after those two coats.













To try the glue out, I added three coats of Sinful "I Miss You".  This also gave me a good chance to see what it looks like.

One Coat
 Two coats
 Three Coats
Done with with top coat.  :)














I'll report back in a few days when I take off the glitter.

EDITED:
This is the process to take off the glue/glitter...

Taking off the glitter.  I just used an orange stick to push under the polish and it popped right off.














After all popped off.  It was super easy.  I will definitely use this method in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment